Cell Culture Engineer
A growing biotechnology/life sciences company has an opening for Cell Culture Engineer. Our client is a leading provider of products and services to accelerate development of viro-immuno-oncology drugs.
Connect with us to learn more about this great opportunity.
- Responsible for all aspects of cell culture processes and equipment within the sodium hyaluronate fermentation area
- Provide on the floor active support to manufacturing
- Create and analyze relevant process/equipment metrics to improve the process/equipment
- Investigate and correct problems involving the cell culture manufacturing processes and equipment
- Point person for fermentation processes and equipment
- Interact with multiple departments to facilitate the selection, qualification and introduction of both new manufacturing equipment or changes to existing manufacturing equipment as well as cell culture process improvements
- Ensure compliance with the Quality System requirements
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- HSA / Flex Spending
- 401K Matching
- Short Term / Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- PTO/ Holiday Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Engineering or Chemistry w/ 3-7 years' experience in the medical device or biopharmaceutical industry
- Equivalent combination of education and years of experience will also be considered.
- Excellent scientific understanding of biology and engineering principles for cell culture processes
- Previous “Hands-On” experience with cell culture in a laboratory environment including mechanical aptitude and engineering skill
- Previous experience and understanding of documents - SOP's, preventative maintenance procedures and technical drawings and GMP's and basic regulatory issues affecting medical device or drug manufacturing
- Skills to be successful – team player, communication skills, critical thinker, ability to research/recommend new equipment and process improvements
Keywords: chemistry, biopharmaceutical, engineering, quality, medical device, pharmaceutical, FDA, GMP, pharma, cell culture
"By applying to this position, you are confirming that you understand the requirements needed for this position, and further confirm that you possess the necessary skills and requirements, as outlined above".