Assistant Research Scientist
Are you looking for a “hands-on” lab tech role? Are you highly motivated?
Are you looking for an opportunity to continue to grow your career?
Connect with us to learn more about this great opportunity!
Our client is a fast-growing, start-up, manufacturing company that was formed to commercialize sustainable foam technology that was developed at the University of Minnesota.
Their goal is to provide bio-based, compostable foam materials as replacements for phenolic and polyurethane foams that are currently a staple commodity in the floral, agricultural, and horticultural markets.
They are looking for a full-time Assistant Research Scientist to join their team.
In this role you will play a key role in the day-to-day operation of the R&D division in the fabrication and analysis of new foam materials.
- Setup and operation of high-pressure reactors for foaming applications
- Maintenance of lab facility and equipment
- Large volume sample preparation for testing and optimization
- Measurement of various materials properties
- Manipulation of process conditions to optimize new foams
- Careful documentation of experimental conditions and results
- Collection and organization of large data sets followed by analysis and compilation of results for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Collaboration with the manufacturing team to develop processes and optimizations to new technologies for implementation on a commercial scale
- Develop, implement, and maintain the highest laboratory safety standards in compliance with federal regulations including OSHA, FDA, and USDA
Salary: $DOE /yr (Direct Hire)
Location: Eden Prairie, MN
Schedule: FT, Mon-Fri
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Equity in the company
- PTO/ Sick Time
- Bachelor's degree or higher - chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science, physics, or related field
- Previous experience in a scientific research laboratory
- Previous experience in leadership roles
- Previous experience w/ pressurized gas/high pressure systems
- Previous experience in polymer synthesis/characterization
- Previous experience working in manufacturing environment
- Previous experience in sustainability, sustainable materials, and/or composting
- Collaborative Team Player and the ability to work independently w/ minimal supervision alongside a small and committed team of research scientists
- Ability to effectively communicate through written documentation, presentations, and in-person meetings
Keywords: scientist, polymer, quality, laboratory, research, research and development, sustainability, composting, manufacturing, materials science, chemistry, biology, production, GMP, SOP, quality control, testing, validation, analyst,
"By applying to this position, you are confirming that you understand the requirements needed for this position, and further confirm that you possess the necessary skills and requirements, as outlined above".