Certifications & Specifications Specialist
If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute your skills and knowledge our client has an opportunity for a Certifications & Specifications Specialist.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the team to develop, maintain and assure the third-party compliance of product certification information, including -Kosher, Halal, Organic, Non-GMO Project, Fair Trade, RSPO, and Paleo
- Gathering raw material information from internal and external resources to maintain paperwork for regulatory, third-party, and internal labeling substantiation requirements
- Work closely w/ Labeling & Regulatory Compliance team members to support project and business work
- May assist with the creation of ingredient specifications in compliance with internal policies and requirements. (The Ingredient Specifications team manages the creation of specifications and communication of changes to internal customers, as well as vendors)
- Collaborate w/ cross-functional partners (Ingredient Specifications, Finished Product Specifications, R&D, Sourcing, Labeling, etc.) to ensure all the right documentation and information is collected to comply with food safety, regulatory and labeling requirements.
Salary: $30-$35/ hr (long term contract)
Schedule: “hybrid”, Mon-Fri, FT, 40 hrs (work “onsite” one day a week- Thursday)
Benefits: Health Insurance available (Medical / Dental / Vision)
- Bachelor’s Degree - Food Science, Nutrition, Labeling or related field – Required!
- 1-3 years of certifications and specifications experience – Preferred!
- Previous experience writing technical specifications – Preferred!
- Basic understanding of product commercialization process from product design to manufacturing
- Collaborative Team Player
- Comfortable working w/ cross-functional teams
- Skills to be successful - good interpersonal and communication skills, good organizational skills, self-directed, self-motivated and good time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, providing input on end-to-end timelines of projects on assigned platform
- Ability to prioritize what’s important and take action
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, Office 365, and SharePoint
Keywords: food science, Nutrition, labeling, labels, certifications, specifications, food industry, food scientist, technical writing, packaging, laboratory, manufacturing, product commercialization process, product designs, packaging designs, process engineering, technician, food products, laboratory, food testing
"By applying to this position, you are confirming that you understand the requirements needed for this position, and further confirm that you possess the necessary skills and requirements, as outlined above".