Director of R & D
Our client goal is to transform the market using green chemistry as their core by offering products that are non-toxic and they actually work. They are a rapidly emerging polymer remover company committed to developing innovative performance products that merge performance with safe chemistry and technology.
Do you have the following Skills?
- Previous Experience managing technical teams?
- Do you have Hands-on experience with formulation development?
- Previous experience in formulation development of emulsions and suspensions?
- Previous experience in consumer-packaged goods product development?
- Previous experience in manufacturing scale-up?
- Previous experience with managing internal and contract labs for pre-formulation, formulation development and testing?
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Regulatory Guidance Documents as they relate to quality testing of formulated products?
If you answered yes to these questions lets chat further as to how you could benefit this client in their green initiatives.
As they are growing and emerging in the market they have an opportunity for a Director of R & D to join their team.
The goal of the position is to provide strategic direction and technical leadership for creation, development and characterization of novel formulations for new products to support their evaluation in end-use application studies.
The responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Design and management of the application development studies (including ASTM and modified ASTM processes)
- Data evaluation, preparation, review and completion of study reports
- Analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors
- Oversight of the product development readiness for commercialization
- Prepare summaries and presentations and communicate results to management
- Scientific resource during the manufacturing of new products to support development
- Provide strategic leadership- managing the laboratory and the technical team
- Help develop and manage R&D and IP strategy
- Write and/or review protocols, final development reports, batch records, standard operating procedures, and other technical reports
- Work with Director of Manufacturing to provide technical leadership in ensuring that vendor-manufacturing facilities are compliant and foster relationships with Contracting Testing Laboratories (CTOs)
- Author, prepare and present presentations as a company representative at industry events and conferences
- Write and apply for various grants as the opportunities arise.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Materials Science (Ph.D.or equivalent work experience related to formulation work -Preferred!)
- 10 years + in the industry with a min of 8 years in formulation development area and Suspension experience - Preferred!
- Prior management experience - Preferred!
- Prior green chemistry work -Preferred!
- Understanding of the 12 principles of Green Chemistry
- Knowledge of formulation processes and techniques
- Collaborative Team Player
- Ability to effectively prioritize and deliver on tight timelines
- Ability to Problem Solve
- Project Management Skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Proficient with MS Office