Finished Product Specifications Specialist
Our client is a Minnesota company who manufactures and markets many branded consumer products. Their history dates to back the mid 1800’s.
Are you a self-directed and motivated individual looking for an opportunity in the Food Industry?
As the Finished Product Specifications Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Developing finished product specifications
- Collaborate with other departments and teams to ensure specifications are complete, consistent and are released in a timely fashion
- Review specifications for conformance to performance governance standards and naming conventions
- Identify specification inconsistencies and coordinate spec accuracy
- Proactively identify bottlenecks in the specification process and recommend solutions
- Serve as point of contact for all specification needs and lead early management activities
- Summarize and report project activity
Schedule: Mon – Fri, 1st Shift, 37.5 hrs / wk
Salary: $DOE, (contract)
Benefits: Medical and Dental insurance
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Nutrition, Labeling or related field
- Basic understanding of product commercialization process - product design to manufacturing
- Previous experience in the food industry or related field
- Collaborative Team Player
- Previous experience writing technical specifications
- Skills – interpersonal, communication, organizational, time management
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize what is important
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, Office 365, and SharePoint
Keywords: food processing, laboratory, food science, labeling, specifications, manufacturing, technical writing, food industry
"By applying to this position, you are confirming that you understand the requirements needed for this position, and further confirm that you possess the necessary skills and requirements, as outlined above".