Our client has an opening for a Lab Technician. They are looking for candidates who are “self-starters”, with basic laboratory experience, willing to learn new skills, and work with a team who are continually working to improve the processes in the lab.
- Organize workload and prioritize samples to maximize output and meet deadlines
- Execution of Food Testing Methods
- Perform routine instrument maintenance and troubleshooting
- Meet Quality control and ISO requirements
- Maintain a work environment that complies with company safety rules
- Cross-functional support as needed
- Skillfully handle multiple tasks, project, and priorities with minimal guidance or direction
Schedule: Monday – Thursday, 4-10hour days, Overtime as needed, occasional Friday as well. (Flexible schedule between 6am – 5pm CST)
Salary: $DOE/ hr, (Long term contract)
Benefits: Health Insurance Available – Medical / Dental/ Vision
- 2-Year Degree – Food Science, Chemistry, Biology or related field
- or High School Degree with 3-5 yrs of directly relatable experience
- Ability to use computer applications and Proficient in MS Office products - Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook,
- Knowledge and familiar with LIMS – A Plus!
- Strong organizational and leadership skills, independent decision making, high attention to detail, and service orientation are essential
- Skills to be successful - strong team player, Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to learn quickly and apply new applications, Strong problem solving and technical skills
- Ability to experiment and make data-based recommendations
Keywords: technician, food products, laboratory, food testing, food science,
"By applying to this position, you are confirming that you understand the requirements needed for this position, and further confirm that you possess the necessary skills and requirements, as outlined above".