Lab Technologist - Product Development
Do you have a passion for the creation of food and the packaging of food?
Our client has an opening for a Laboratory Technologist - Product Development
In this role you will be supporting product development, ideally in food consumer packaged goods.
- Support product development initiatives from start to full production
- Enable projects advancement through appropriate consumer, descriptive, and discrimination testing
- Identify cost savings opportunities by challenging formulation and processing assumptions
- Execute commercialization of projects efficiently and with excellence
- Maintain ingredient and finished product specifications with accuracy
Schedule: FT 40 hours, Monday - Friday
Salary: $DOE/ hr (long term contract)
Location: Minneapolis / St. Paul, MN
Benefits: Health Insurance Available
- High School Degree w/7+ years of directly relatable experience
- Or 2 yr Degree – Preferred!
- Basic computer/technology skills (MSOffice Products, etc)
- Comfortable in processing (pilot plant or plant) environment; comfortable operating equipment
- Previous experience in product development lab support- dry mix baked goods, cereals, dairy products, flavors, frozen breakfast pastries, pizza/pizza snacks, soup/thermal processing – A Plus!
- Basic understanding of food safety and human safety
- Previous work experience in a similar field - food product development experience/laboratory experience
- Skills to be successful - Self-Starter, Critical Thinker, Problem-Solving, ability to trouble-shoot, Conflict Resolution, and Relationship building skills, ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment, desire to learn, creative, innovative thinker
- Ability to communicate effectively and contribute in a team environment
- Ability to challenge established methods and beliefs
- Ability to travel as needed.
Keywords: product development, lab technologist, food service, laboratory,
scientist, engineering, lab, new product development, pilot plant, food processing, laboratory, food science, leadership, pilot plant, manufacturing, food industry
"By applying to this position, you are confirming that you understand the requirements needed for this position, and further confirm that you possess the necessary skills and requirements, as outlined above".