Material Handler Facilitator
Do you have a "Can Do” attitude, optimistic and interested in continuous improvement? Our client is looking for a dependable motivated team who would like to join their team. If you have a positive attitude and a desire to succeed our client has an opportunity on the 1st Shift for a Material Handler Facilitator.
Qualities of a Material Handler Facilitator are:
- Self-driven worker
- Leadership Skills
- Great attention to detail
- Proficient at multitasking
- Problem Solver, finding solutions under unpredictable situations
The Material Handler Facilitator will lead an hourly workforce under supervision of the department manager and provide guidance to team members in a fast-paced manufacturing work environment. In this role you will ensure production goals and outputs are met in a safe work environment and the team adheres to quality standards and processes.
- Schedule and assign work to team, coordinate time off requests
- Facilitate New Hire Training and Orientation
- Annual Performance Review for Team Members
- Facilitate daily department meeting
- Identify on-the-job training/ skill developments needs for department and Support New Hire on-the job training
- Act as point of contact and/ or support role as needed, for cycle counting and ordering materials from various sources
- Observe all Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) rules, including housekeeping practices; participate in EHS meetings, investigations, and audits
- Proactively communicate and address safety concerns
- Support area supervisor/manager on quality procedure review and updates through document change order (DCO) process
- Promote participation in company sponsored events
- Additional duties as assigned by the area Supervisor or Manager.
Schedule: 1st Shift, FT, M-F
Benefits of being a team member – Medical/ Dental / Vision Plans, paid breaks, Employee Assistant Program, various sponsored company events, team atmosphere.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Min 2 years of related on the job experience
- Previous experience working in manufacturing environment
- Ability to work overtime
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment, for example safety glasses, gloves, ear plugs, and safety shoes
- Proficient in MS Office products and SAP
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Demonstrates a high level of operational understanding of work practices, technology and safety risk analysis (SRA)
- Knowledge and understanding of area specific equipment
- Implement and share with Team policies, practices and procedures