Our client is a Minnesota company who manufactures and markets many branded consumer products. Their history dates to back the mid 1800’s.
Do you have a passion for the creation of food and the packaging of food?
Our client has an opening for a Packaging Technician.
In this role the Technician will be involved in basic equipment set up for - sanitation and running equipment for trials.
- Safely operate equipment
- Perform risk assessments
- Perform basic analytical tests; troubleshooting as needed
- Equipment sanitation and basic equipment set up activities
Schedule: 1st shift, 6am - 2pm, OT as needed
Salary: $DOE/ hr (long term contract)
Benefits: Medical / Dental Insurance offered through Verum Technical
- High School Degree – Required!
- 3-5 years of directly relatable experience and / or 2-Year Degree -Preferred!
- Comfortable operating equipment / machine operator experience
- Basic understanding of food safety and human safety
- Previous Foodservice & Laboratory experience
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule for Training and Production needs (training is on first shift, then transitions to 3rd shift)
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Collaborative Team Player
- Basic computer/technology skills (MSOffice Products, etc)
- Skills to be successful - Self-Starter, Critical Thinker, Problem-Solving, Communication, Conflict Resolution, and Relationship building skills
- Comfortable in a processing (pilot plant or food plant) environment
- Ability to lift and transport ingredients or equipment up to 55lbs
- Ability to work in hot/ warm climate conditions
Keywords: food scientist, packaging, food service, laboratory, machine operator, manufacturing
"By applying to this position, you are confirming that you understand the requirements needed for this position, and further confirm that you possess the necessary skills and requirements, as outlined above".