Process Development Scientist (PhD)
A global life sciences company who provides innovative bioactive tools and resources for the research and clinical diagnostic communities is looking for a Process Development Scientist to join their Cell and Gene Therapy division.
In this role you will be primarily responsible for the continued development of the transposon technology for non-viral gene editing cell therapy manufacturing. This is a multi-disciplinary role working on primary cell gene editing, cell activation/expansion methodologies, and functional testing.
- Design and perform complex experiments independently
- Work closely with customers in drafting SOW specifications, and project plans
- Analyze data, draw conclusions, and generate summary reports that can be used to support IND filings
- Develop and write work instructions, SOPs, and master batch records
- Expected to help train and mentor other personnel as needed
- Advance products and content through process development
- Effectively communicate results to customers as needed
- Work across multiple CGT groups and product development programs to integrate other products used in this space
- Competitive Market compensation plan
- Medical / Dental / Vision plans
- Company matching retirement savings program
- Volunteer Time-Off
- Mentorship Program
- Ever-changing community service outlets and charity drives
- Diverse learning and development opportunities
- Relocation assistance available
- PhD in immunology, molecular biology, biomedical engineering, or related degree with 2-5 years of experience
- Primary cell culture experience - preferably with T cells and NK cells – Required!
- Previous experience working with adoptive T-cell therapies (CAR-T and TCR) – Preferred!
- Previous experience with analytical methods - flow cytometry, qPCR, and ddPCR
- Strong background in working with a wide variety of clinically relevant manufacturing instrumentation
- Skills to be successful - ability to work independently, stay organized, and handle multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Knowledge of gene editing methodologies - electroporation and use of non-viral editing modalities- Preferred!
- Previous working experience in a GMP manufacturing environment
- Outstanding Communication skills - written and oral
Keywords: Process Development Scientist, PhD, T-Cell Therapies, NK cells, immunology, molecular biology, biomedical engineering, manufacturing instrumentation, cell activation/expansion methodologies, cell therapy manufacturing
"By applying to this position, you are confirming that you understand the requirements needed for this position, and further confirm that you possess the necessary skills and requirements, as outlined above".