Procurement Analyst I
If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute your skills and knowledge our client has an opportunity for a Procurement Analyst I.
In this role you will:
- Placing new or expediting existing orders
- Responsible for purchasing rapid testing components and operational supplies
- Resolve invoicing and accounting issues as they arise, working directly w/ Buyers and Accounts Payable
- Notify suppliers of change in order revisions, forecast or any deviations to ensure they are producing to the most up to date drawings, demand and certificates
- Request documentation or order status updates from suppliers in accordance with our supplier approval process including, new supplier forms, business continuity plans, and other information as needed
- Ensure that the supplier documentation collected is saved in the proper locations per outlined work instructions
- Work directly with select vendors ensuring their items are available for production and customers
- Ensure approved supplier part database is maintain in Oracle
- Ensure material availability for the production and service of medical diagnostic instruments for our customers in hospital and laboratory environments supporting patient health
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the purchasing of components supporting production across multiple value streams
- Manages the purchasing of expense materials and service suppliers to support production
- Manages material procurement activities from external and internal entity suppliers, scheduling, ordering, and expediting for material needs
- Works closely with Material Control, Planning, Manufacturing, Facilities, and Shipping/Receiving functions to track and report status and define priorities to meet production schedules
- Assist in managing part shortages and expedites when necessary
- Assist in completing scrap forms as a result of Excess and Obsolete material reviews
- Expedite past due purchase orders with suppliers
- Ensure all FDA, ISO and related regulatory requirements are consistently met
- Follows material procurement and supplier management policies & procedures through SOP work instructions for supply chain
- Employ procurement automation and standardized buying processes across value streams using tools such as Kanban w/ blanket orders and auto-releases based on other trigger mechanisms
- Identify and resolve any issues that delay material deliveries
- Attend, contribute and represent the Procurement Group at regularly scheduled project meetings and other supply and demand planning meetings
- Provide support to tactical buyers
- Special projects as assigned
Salary: $24 - $26 / hr DOE (contract)
Schedule: 40hrs, FT, M-F, 8am – 430pm
Location: “onsite” at clients location in Hialeah, FL
Benefits: Health Insurance available – Medical / Dental / Vision
- Bachelor’s degree in business or supply chain w/ 0-2 years of previous working experience - Required!
- Skills to be successful -strong written, verbal communication, and interpersonal leadership skills in a high-volume work environment, ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Previous practical working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems: PRMS and Oracle working knowledge – Preferred!
- Basic Microsoft skills, ERP (Oracle/SAP) experience in procuring perishable or background in the medical industry
- Proficient computer skills - MS Office -Excel, Outlook w/ the ability to learn new programs as needed
- Knowledge of how to effectively operate in a regulated procurement environment (FDA, GMED, NCIS etc.)
- Ability to thrive in a team-oriented, goal focused environment
- US citizenship or existing eligibility to work in the United States - Required!
Keywords: procurement, purchasing, supply chain, six signa, scientist, ERP. Oracle, ASAP, laboratory, biological, chemistry, production, FDA, ISO, regulated environment, manufacturing, immunoassay, lab, automated instruments, statistical, analytical, development scientist, life science
"By applying to this position, you are confirming that you understand the requirements needed for this position, and further confirm that you possess the necessary skills and requirements, as outlined above".