Product Development Scientist
Our client is a Minnesota company who manufactures and markets many branded consumer products. Their history dates back to the mid 1800’s
Are you interested in an on-going part-time flexible position: Our client is looking for an experienced Product Development Scientist?
Schedule: Part-time, Project Based On-Call estimated at 10-25 hours/ week with an estimated end date of May 2020.
In this role you will:
- Take products from bench top to full production while collaborating fully in a cross functional environment
- Develop new products, make product improvements, and contribute to concept refinement and product start-ups
- Drive projects through appropriate consumer, descriptive, and discrimination testing to enhance product knowledge from its initial concept state to its appearance on grocers' shelves
- Partner with global teams to identify new opportunities and solve technical challenges
- Build technical expertise in new areas and share knowledge across the organization
- Identify opportunities by challenging formulation and processing assumptions
- Execute commercialization of projects efficiently and with excellence
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Food Science or related field
- Proven ability to deliver executional excellence, facilitate cultural learning, and develop technical and scientific rigor
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to multiple situations
- Demonstrated ability to lead technically driven projects
- Self-starter, problem-solver and ability to trouble-shoot
- Collaborative Team Player with the ability to provide key product guidance
- Innovative thinker, creative, and the ability to challenge the current methods and beliefs
- Willingness to travel as needed – A Plus!