Product Development Scientist
Our client is a Minnesota company who manufactures and markets many branded consumer products. Their history dates back to the mid 1800’s
Are you interested in an on-going part-time flexible position? Our client is looking for an experienced Product Development Scientist?
In this role you will:
- Take products from bench top to full production while collaborating fully in a cross functional environment
- Develop new products, make product improvements, and contribute to concept refinement and product start-ups
- Drive projects through appropriate consumer, descriptive, and discrimination testing to enhance product knowledge from its initial concept state to its appearance on grocers' shelves
- Partner with global teams to identify new opportunities and solve technical challenges
- Build technical expertise in new areas and share knowledge across the organization
- Identify opportunities by challenging formulation and processing assumptions
- Execute commercialization of projects efficiently and with excellence
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Food Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience in product development
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to multiple situations
- Collaborative Team Player with the ability to provide key product guidance
- Innovative thinker and the ability to challenge the current methods and beliefs
- Skills to be successful – creative, self-starter, problem-solver, ability to trouble-shoot, ability to lead technical projects, deliver executional excellence, facilitate cultural learning, and develop technical and scientific skills
- Willingness to travel as needed – A Plus!
Keywords: scientist, engineering, new product development, food processing, laboratory, food science, product development, scientist, leadership, pilot plant, manufacturing, technical writing, food industry
"By applying to this position, you are confirming that you understand the requirements needed for this position, and further confirm that you possess the necessary skills and requirements, as outlined above".