Our client has the ability to create and package foods to our customer’s unique needs and specs. They understand the challenges of bringing quality food products to the market because they develop, manufacture, and distribute a portfolio of their own branded products. After three decades of successful partnerships they are still a growing and thriving company.
Are you looking for and opportunity get into a leading food manufacturer?
Connect with us to learn more about this opportunity.
Schedule / Shift: 2nd Shift, 3pm – 11pm
Salary: $23/ hr(Contract to Hire)
The Quality Assurance Supervisor will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Supervise and coordinate activities of QA Technicians – prepare work schedules, assign tasks, oversee the QA work projects, and oversee ongoing training of QA Tech’s
- Monitor product quality attributes
- Oversee pre-operational and operational inspections
- Maintain and document regulatory compliance
- Ensure compliance w/USDA regulations
- Act as Food Safety Representative
- Interpret and communicate customer requirements to internal team members and departments
- Design and implement methods/ strategies for process control, improvements, testing and inspections
- Coordinate and participate in internal quality audits
- Act as a QA resource for New Product development and product rollouts
- Monitor and document compliance with FDA and USDA – FSIS
- Communicate with outside vendors
- Oversee calibration of technical equipment
- Oversee, Coordinate and conducts GMP Audits – Generate Reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates’ Degree in Quality, Food Science or related field – Required!
- Bachelors’ Degree – Preferred!
- Previous experience in a Leadership Role – Preferred!
- 3+ years – Quality Assurance experience in a USDA – FSIS regulated food manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Quality Systems – Global Food Safety Initiative Standards
- HACCP Certificate and SQF Practitioner Certification – A Plus! Or willing to obtain Certifications
- Previous experience w/ Root-Cause Problem Solving
- Previous experience w/ USDA-FSIS – label approval process
- Previous experience w/ process improvement and documentation
- Basic understanding – meat processing
- Attention to detail
- Collaborative Team Player
- Ability to work weekends and other shifts as needed