QC Inspection Supervisor
A growing biotechnology / life sciences company has an opening for a QC Inspection Supervisor. Our client is a leading provider of products and services to accelerate development of viro-immuno-oncology drugs.
Connect with us to learn more about this great opportunity.
In this role you will:
- Direct all day-to-day inspection activities and maintain efficient inspection department
- Schedule and direct employees within the department
- Communicate expectations to the group as well as addressing questions or concerns of the group, providing performance feedback
- Coordinate Training activities for team
- Lead inspection activities and supervise inspection personnel
- Schedule receiving inspection of raw materials and AQL inspection of finished products.
- Drive to efficient timelines by maintaining lean, well-organized processes
- Manage quality processes related to inspection
- Interpret SOPs and regulatory guidance to make appropriate quality decisions pertaining to inspection activities
- Identify inspection requirements for raw materials and finished products
- Manage rejects and retain programs, including inspection activities as applicable
- Coordinate creation of new and changes to current quality inspection documents
- Perform quality investigations related to inspection activities
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment
- Demonstrate continuous improvement and promote a progressive quality culture
- Successfully attain budget/business objectives
- Comply with the corporate policies and procedures
- Comply with regulatory and industry standards
- Assist in supplier quality investigations related to raw materials
- Perform Raw Material specification updates
- Assist with inspections as needed
- Review inspection reports and make necessary electronic inventory moves
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- HSA / Flex Spending
- 401K Matching
- Short Term / Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- PTO/ Holiday Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- High school diploma or equivalent - Required!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Scientific Discipline or Engineering – Preferred!
- Min 3 years of experience in quality engineering or quality control inspection
- Min 5 years of experience in medical device or pharmaceutical industry
- Previous experience with GMP Documentation
- Previous experience in a Leadership role
- Previous experience with Raw Material quality – Preferred!
- Previous experience with internal or supplier auditor – Preferred!
- Proven organizational skills; capable of coordinating multiple inspectors and tasks to support production schedule
- Proven ability to effectively define, organize, lead and prioritize workload for team
- An understanding of quality practices and procedures (E.g. CAPA, Sample Plans, inspection and qualification requirements, Quality System Auditing)
- Ability to adapt to variation in work schedules and daily duties
- Ability to work effectively using written procedures and test methods
- Skills to be successful – self-starter, good problem-solving skills and a team leader, attention to detail, good writing skills, strong computer skills, effective communication skills
- Willing to work flexible hours
Keywords: chemistry, engineering, quality, medical device, pharmaceutical, FDA, GMP, pharma, cell culture, biopharmaceutical, supervisor, inspection
"By applying to this position, you are confirming that you understand the requirements needed for this position, and further confirm that you possess the necessary skills and requirements, as outlined above".