Quality Assurance Tech
Our client has the ability to create and package foods to our customer’s unique needs and specs. They understand the challenges of bringing quality food products to the market because they develop, manufacture, and distribute a portfolio of their own branded products. After three decades of successful partnerships they are still a growing and thriving company.
Are you looking for and opportunity get into a leading food manufacturer? Connect with us to learn more about this opportunity.
Schedule / Shift: 2nd Shift, Monday – Friday, 2:30pm – 11:30pm (OT as needed)
Salary: $15-17/ hr DOE (Contract to Hire)
The Quality Assurance Technician will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Inspecting, verifying and documenting food safety and quality product and packaging quality according to policies and procedures
- Verify all product processes following GMPs, and meeting Company and regulatory requirements
- Inspection of metal detector, collecting and delivering samples for testing, recording weights, conducting temperature checks, and monitoring the production process adhering to USDA, FDA, GMP and sanitation guidelines
- Performs calibrations verifications
- Prepares all the required paperwork and quality measures - new product introduction and existing products
- Maintain quality standards by conducting tests, observing, recording, and reporting results
- In-process inspections and physical tests
- Complete all daily Quality/Food Safety paperwork and reports
- Verify allergen procedures and practices
- Documenting Corrective actions as necessary
- #5 Stand in for SQF Food Safety and Quality Authority
- Associate's Degree in Science or related field – Required!
- Or Bachelor's Degree – Preferred!
- and/or 2 years of experience in food production
- Knowledge of USDA and OSHA regulations
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to work standing or walking for long periods of time
- Ability to work while bending and squatting
- Ability to work in wet, cold refrigerated and frozen conditions
- Comfortable in a food production atmosphere
- Good communication and solid interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Well organized and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Attention to detail
- Safety conscious
- Knowledge of basic math and science skills
- Ability to work the schedule/ assigned times – Dependable!
- Problem Solver
- Bilingual, English/Spanish – Preferred!