Quality Engineer II
Our client has an opportunity for a Quality Engineer II who will perform analysis, identify trends, and implement improvements in the company’s operations. The role will Identify and eliminate supplier and manufacturing defects, non-conformities, problems or other issues affecting the quality or reliability of the company’s products and/or services. As well as developing testing methods for use in analysis of the company products and statistical techniques for analysis of test data.
The Quality Engineer II job duties are as follows:
- Perform statistical analysis, identify trends, and implement changes related to defects in supplier, manufacturing, return goods and customer data.
- Investigate and resolve customer complaints
- Prepare quality work instructions, procedures and methods for the implementation of quality controls for inspection, test, and evaluation.
- Collect, analyze, and report on data
- Identify and implement corrective actions
- Identify, control, and disposition non–conforming materials.
- Identify and develop high quality suppliers utilizing supplier audits, evaluations, and ongoing continuous improvements
- Develop, implement, and assist with training on Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, 5S, and other continuous improvement methods
- BS degree in Engineering or a related science – Required!
- (If BS degree is held, a min of 3 years’ experience as a Quality/Manufacturing Engineer in a manufacturing environment or supply chain management)
- MS degree in Engineering or a related science – A Plus!
- (If MS degree is held, a min of 1 years of experience as a Quality/Manufacturing Engineer in a manufacturing environment or supply chain management)
- Six Sigma Black Belt / Lean Manufacturing.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 (or ISO13485)
- Knowledge of Statistical Quality Control: SPC, Process Capability, DOE (ANOVA, Hypotheses Testing, t-test, etc.), GRR
- Knowledge of Structured Problem Solving and Root Cause Analysis: 8D, CAPA, 5 Why’s, Is/Is Not, Ishikawa Diagrams
- Ability to read schematics, blueprints, CAD drawings, and Visio
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office, SAP or other ERP systems
- Previous experience working with external vendors
- Basic understanding of mechanical or electrical and the ability to take machines apart and diagnose problems
- Collaborative Team Player