Raw Materials Specialist
Our client has an opportunity for a Raw Material Specialist. In this role you will ensure that incoming materials are controlled and maintained according to specification through sound quality assurance practices. As well as the subject matter expert in materials – properties, grades, test methodologies, safety/handling, etc.
- Lead raw material specification in association with analytical, incoming, R&D, process and quality engineers and clients
- Work with analytical lab and materials vendors to identify test methods
- Work with Purchasing function to develop the required documentation for raw material files
- Review and approve raw material Certificates of Analysis from laboratory
- Work with purchasing to address vendor and material changes and implement them into specifications and processes
- Work with Quality and laboratory to implement USP and other regulatory updates
- Work with Vendors and functional areas to address non-conformances related to materials
- Provide training on material specifications to personnel
- Support Health & Safety function in establishing safety documentation, providing safety training and identifying personal protection equipment and engineering controls related to the safe handling of raw materials
- Assist Project Teams in expediting requisition and movement of materials to the manufacturing floor for process trials, etc.
Benefits available to team members:
- Medical / Dental Insurance
- Paid Holiday/ Vacation / PTO
- 401K w/ company match
- Life and Short/Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending Account
- Bachelors’ degree in a Science or similar discipline
- Min of 3-5 years of previous experience in an industrial Quality, R&D or Engineering role -preferably w/ an emphasis on materials processing and testing
- Previous experience in the Pharmaceutical industry – Preferred!
- Previous experience in a scientific and technical role in materials, processing and testing
- Demonstrated technical writing skills for specs
- Skills to be successful - attention to detail, stay organized, and strong communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to follow through on tasks
- Previous experience with presentations and ability to train team members
- Knowledge and understanding in USP, ISO 13485 and FDA/EU cGMP’s
Keywords: raw materials, industrial quality, research and development, materials processing, tesing, analytical, engineering, pharmaceutical, materials, processing, ISO, FDA, cGMP
"By applying to this position, you are confirming that you understand the requirements needed for this position, and further confirm that you possess the necessary skills and requirements, as outlined above".