Research Technologist- Oncolytic Virotherapy
A growing biotechnology/life sciences company located in southern Minnesota has an opportunity for a highly motivated, organized, flexible, meticulous Research Technologist who is interested in working within a multidisciplinary team. Our client is a leading provider of products and services to accelerate development of viro-immuno-oncology drugs.
Are you the next team member who is dedicated and passionate, who wants to work closely with clients to facilitate research, including study design, generation of custom products, and proposing innovation solutions?
In this roll the Research Technologist will participate in, but not limited to:
- Perform and maintain competency in the technical and related work of the Cellular Immunology Laboratory - cell culture, animal procedures, flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry, ELISA, ELISpot, cytokine assays etc
- Collects, documents and summarizes data
- Assists in the maintenance of lab equipment and supplies
- Perform basic statistical data analysis; prepares tables/charts/graphs and assists in organizing data
- Presentations at research laboratory meetings
- Assists in the writing of reports
- Works under supervision and may perform some assignments independently as discussed and approved by lead scientist.
- Paid Holidays and PTO
- Employer paid Short and Long Term Disability/ Life Insurance, AD&D and Dental
- We also have a Simple Plan with an employer match
- Client has adjusted salaries to accommodate the employee in purchasing Medical insurance thru an outside vendor
- Bachelors of Science from an accredited college or university in biological sciences
- 3 years of animal research experience - tail vein injection, intratumorally injection, subcutaneous implantation, retro-orbital bleed, immunology tissue harvest
- Advanced knowledge and experience in BSL2 cell culture and molecular biology
- Previous experience working with mice (intravenous injection, intraperitoneal injection, intratumorally injection, eye bleed etc.)
- Previous experience with cloning, PCR, and tissue culture
- 2 years of experience working in the lab environment
- Proficient with good laboratory practices and SOP’s
- Ability to handle multiple projects / activities
- Collaborative Team Player