Scientist - Oncolytic/ Immun0logy
A growing biotechnology/life sciences company located in southern Minnesota has an opportunity for a scientist who has experience with molecular cloning. Our client is a leading provider of products and services to accelerate development of viro-immuno-oncology drugs.
Are you the next Scientist (PhD, MSc, BSc) team member who is dedicated and passionate, who wants to work closely with clients to facilitate research, including study design, generation of custom products, and proposing innovation solutions?
In this roll the scientist will participate in, but not limited to:
- Generating and performing quality control validation of products (cell lines, vectors, and oncolytic viruses)
- Generating project proposals and perform laboratory activities in support of contract research services
- Plan and execute R&D activities
- Contribute to the development and validation of new laboratory assays and procedures
- Prepare scientific posters, presentations, or papers show-casing company innovations
- Contribute to the development of novel gene therapy techniques
- executing and troubleshooting molecular biology experiments; such as designing qPCR assays, viral titration assays and other cell-based assays
- Plan and execute scientific research projects under minimal supervision
- Clone, rescue, and characterize oncolytic viruses
- Design and clone lentiviral and AAV vectors
- Perform AAV manufacturing process development
- Maintain eukaryotic cell lines
- Perform and develop protein purification and immuno-assays; Western blot and ELISA
- Perform cellular and immunologic assays according to standard operating procedures
- Perform in vivo animal studies in support of project goals,
- including tumor cell implantation
- administration of test articles
- optical and nuclear imaging
- Contribute to the writing of SOPs and other technical documents.
- Prepare scientific poster, presentations, or papers
- Attend conferences as needed
- Work with research staff to facilitate laboratory supply orders and coordinate deliveries, when needed
- Perform radioactive uptake assays and BSL2 work in compliance with company policies
- Paid Holidays and PTO
- Employer paid Short and Long Term Disability/ Life Insurance, AD&D and Dental
- We also have a Simple Plan with an employer match
- Client has adjusted salaries to accommodate the employee in purchasing Medical insurance thru an outside vendor.
- PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Virology, or a related field.
- A strong background in molecular biology (PCR, molecular cloning, RNA extraction) and mammalian cell culture
- At least 2 of the following skillsets: molecular cloning, virology, vectorology, biochemistry, genetics, gene expression, or cell biology
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Collaborate Team Player
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through publications, posters, or presentations.
Preferred Skill Set
- Molecular virology expertise; virus propagation, characterization, and molecular cloning to generate new viruses
- Experience with flow-cytometry, molecular modeling, protein characterization, and immunohistochemistry
- Experience generating viral vectors; lentivirus and AAV