Senior Distribution Specialist
If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute your skills and knowledge our client is looking for a Senior Distribution Specialist.
In this role you will be
- Responsible for all operational activities at the distribution center supporting all Americas Region
- Responsible for ensuring implementation of standard operating procedures in shipping and receiving operations, raw material and finished goods inventory movements and drive SQDIP metrics using the clients systems tools
- Monitor all freight carriers (KWE/EI/JSI/FEDEX FREIGHT, etc.)
- Work directly with account managers of carriers/ freight forwarders, customs brokers, and compliance team to ensure timely clearance and delivery
- Update Daily Management Reports (SQDIP) for Logistics & Warehouse,GL Coding for freight payment (Bridgenet/ USBank)
- Resolve all items on Vendor Problem Shelf (VPS) & Returns Problem Shelf (RPS)
- Submit, record, and follow up on claims for DIT freight
- Create and execute daily processing of all international shipping documents and government shipment filings
- AES filing, Inventory Management (cycle count, PI, locator optimization, 5S, etc.)
- Executes Shipping Operations to ensure On-Time Delivery and internal/ external customer satisfaction for inbound/ outbound deliveries
- Coordinates customer requests, sales orders/returns and respond to customer queries and complaints related to shipping activities
- Participate/ Lead in Kaizen/ Workshop projects in collaboration w/ internal and external participants
- Drive Operations KPI targets around Quality, Delivery, Cost, Inventory and Productivity by monitoring and optimizing shipping activities
- Analyze and present business case for continuous improvement for Logistics and Warehousing KPIs
- Comply and adhere to the Quality and EHS requirements and regulations
- Knowledgeable and enforce compliance w/ applicable laws and regulations, import customs, letter of credit, export control and trade compliance, as well as safety and environmental operational requirements
- Knowledgeable and monitor dangerous goods and temperature-controlled shipments w/ all modes of transport for safety and compliance with regulations
- Suggest cost-saving ideas for process improvements related to transportation, warehousing, packaging and supply chain operations and drive improvement opportunities with contract service providers to implement changes.
Salary: $DOE / hr (contract)
Schedule: Mon-Fri, 9am – 6pm, Onsite
Location: Coppell, TX
Benefits: Health Insurance available – Medical / Dental / Vision
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in freight forwarding or transportation related business operations – Required!
- 5+ years and/or equivalent experience in supply chain – Required!
- Previous experience working effectively w/ cross-functional teams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Self-motivated and willing to accept responsibilities outside initial job description
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate ideas and procedures to management and peers
- Outstanding competency in Word, Excel, Visio and Oracle – Required!
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within established timelines
- Ability to manage special projects as assigned - AES (Automated Export System) filing, identify HTS classifications, ECCN (Export Control Classification) and country of origin
- IATA/ DG Certificatification - A Plus!
Keywords: logistics, warehouse, distribution, freight, shipping, receiving, raw material inventory, finished goods inventory, freight carriers, custom brokers, manufacturing, life science
"By applying to this position, you are confirming that you understand the requirements needed for this position, and further confirm that you possess the necessary skills and requirements, as outlined above".