Senior Fermentation Scientist
Our client is looking for a new team member – Senior Fermentation Scientist. They are a small company offering a work/ life balance, some flexible hours as needed while working on projects, and a collaborative team atmosphere.
In this role you will conduct and oversee research with a focus on development of new bioprocesses and optimization of existing processes for bacterial spore production.
- Mentor, develop, plan, and execute fermentation experimental designs at lab and pilot scales and effectively communicate results
- Work with the commercial fermentation team to ensure efficient technology transfer.
- Lead or co-lead innovative research projects
- Execute and/or oversee the execution of fermentation (stirred bioreactor) experiments
- Identify technical strategies and design scale-down studies to provide a data-driven approach to process optimization and resolution of process deviations
- Provide technical insight into experimental design and perform data analysis using analytical tools such as MiniTab and Graph Pad Prisim
- Provide support for technology transfer, process characterization, process validation, and manufacturing campaigns
- Process and analyze data and create tables and graphs to enable development of sound conclusions
- Draft detailed technical reports, summary updates, scientific manuscripts, and presentations for internal used and trade shows/conferences
- Communicate experimental outcomes and well-reasoned recommendations for future work
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance
- 401K Match
- Bachelor's degree - Biochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Microbiology or Biochemistry or related field – Required!
- Master's degree or other post-secondary degree in biochemical engineering, chemical engineering, industrial microbiology or biochemistry – Preferred!
- 3-5 years of experience with lab, pilot scale and/or commercial fermentation equipment (stirred bioreactors), microbial techniques, and math and quantification skills
- Demonstrated understanding of fermentation equipment operation, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Expertise in application of microbial physiology and microbial metabolism
- Expertise in fermentation principles relevant to bioprocess development
- Previous experience with leading projects and mentoring technical staff
- Previous successful technology transfer and experience in bioprocess engineering and/or commercial manufacturing (fermentation) – Preferred!
- Previous experience with commercial fermentation scale (1,500 to 20,000L)- Preferred!
- Knowledge of metabolite, deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA), and protein sample preparation- Preferred!
Keywords: fermentation, scientist, biochemical engineering, chemical engineering, , Industrial Microbiology, Biochemistry, lab, laboratory, commercial fermentation,
"By applying to this position, you are confirming that you understand the requirements needed for this position, and further confirm that you possess the necessary skills and requirements, as outlined above".