Senior Project Manager
Our client has “contract to hire” opportunity for a Senior Project Manager team member who enjoys a dynamic work environment where every person’s contributions are critical to the company’s ongoing success.
In this role you will
- Lead project teams through the planning and execution of new product development projects
- Lead engineering teams through the Lean Product Development Proces
- Plan, manage and report status of budgets, schedules, cost of goods, resources, and capital requirements for each project prior to approval and throughout project lifecycle
- Coach project team members to estimate their contribution to the project plan
- Coordinate efficient systems for project and communications - team meetings, sub-team meetings, project & portfolio reviews, and documentation reports
- Communicate project status to team members
- Recognize project issues quickly, act to mitigate and escalate as needed
- Collaborate w/ other project managers to drive continuous improvement across organization
- Bachelor’s Degree – Engineering – Required
- Master’s Degree, MBA, or PMI certification – Preferred!
- Previous experience - leading teams in the development of electromechanical instruments - A Plus!
- Previous experience with the development of electromechanical systems
- Proficient in Lean Project Management, quality tools and the usage of visual systems (e.g. visual boards for planning and tracking) – Required!
- Previous experience in a Project Management role – min 5 yrs – Required!
- Strong cross-functional team coaching and motivational skills
- Proven history of successful project planning, risk mitigation and execution
- Strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills
- Fluent in application of modern project management methodologies (Lean Project Management, Kanban, Agile, Scrum, etc.) and tools (e.g. Visual planning boards, Jira, etc.)
Keywords: engineering, project management, project manager, hardware, PMI, lean project management, lean, electromechanical systems, instruments
"By applying to this position, you are confirming that you understand the requirements needed for this position, and further confirm that you possess the necessary skills and requirements, as outlined above".