Sr. Principal Manufacturing Engineer
In this role you will support production, process engineering, process improvements, lean manufacturing projects and quality improvement activities in the clean room. There will be responsibilities in product development, supplier management, and operations management.
- Laser Weld System for IPGs: Define, source, install, and implement into use
- Implement/manage point-of-use materials systems, Kanbans, and other techniques to improve utilization of work space equipment and process flows
- Perform product continuation efforts with respect to improving product quality, process mapping and improvement in the production area
- Develop and recommend new processes and technologies to improve product quality and cost-effectiveness
- Plan and perform process IQ, OQ and PQ’s in a medical device production environment
- Provide technical direction, training and certification for operators performing detailed process steps to ensure that production assemblers and support staff have necessary skills, appropriate documentation, tooling and process control capability
- Identify and resolve technical issues with respect to product quality
- Act as the operations representative in the material review team for product and material issues in production
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or technical equivalent
- Previous experience with project teams
- Previous experience in technologies for distance team activities (i.e., MS Teams, Zoom, etc.)
- Previous experience with continuation engineering and process improvement activities.
- Previous experience using six sigma tools
- Previous experience with manufacturing engineering in the medical device industry
- Previous experience with metal joining technologies in the medical device industry, with a particular focus in laser welding of implantable devices
- Previous working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Demand flow technology, and KanBan management – Preferred!
- Previous experience in the manufacture of implantable leads used in neurologic therapies – Preferred!