Sr Purchasing Agent
Location : Brooklyn Park, MN
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3+ Years
Required Education : Associates or Bachelors
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Our client has an opportunity for a Sr Purchasing Agent.
Schedule 40hrs FT, onsite, Monday – Friday, some flexibility with start and stop time.
- Competitive Salary
- Health / Dental Insurance
- Profit Sharing
- PTO / Holiday Pay
In this role you will work with vendors and suppliers to obtain critical, complex, or difficult to acquire supplies that are of substantial importance to the organization. Negotiates and selects suppliers to maintain cost, quality, and inventory levels essential for the health of the organization.
- Purchase products and services to meet specialized or complex needs in accordance with company procedures and regulations. Executes purchase orders and follows up as needed
- Actively research and develop new sources of supply and/or recommends possible substitute materials and/or suppliers
- Collaborate w/ Production Manager and others to clarify purchase requisitions, identify needs, and refine specifications for future orders
- Identify ways to increase value-add from current suppliers and investigate new sources of supplies and products, research and prepare bid specifications, issue bid request to multiple vendors
- Utilize the ERP system to automate the purchasing process, making full use of the system where possible
- Work with Production Manager to maintain sufficient inventory levels for production, calculate safety stock levels and other planning parameters
- Responsible for cycle counting management
- Utilize continuous improvement and/or Lean tools to champion organizational efficiencies, and continuous improvement initiatives
- Support processes and policies in support of organizational goals, adhering to rules, regulations, and procedures
- Develop and maintains necessary files and records
- Participate as a member of the operations team: participate in operational planning and in setting metrics related to strategic goals
Required Qualifications :
- Associates or bachelors – Preferred!
- Min 3+ years of previous experience in purchasing or supply chain management
- Collaborative Team Player
- Previous experience with continuous improvement and lean tools
Keywords: purchasing, supply chain, purchase orders, vendor management, inventory management, cycle counts
"By applying to this position, you are confirming that you understand the requirements needed for this position, and further confirm that you possess the necessary skills and requirements, as outlined above".